mardi 2 octobre 2012

My first step in painting. Mes premiers pas en peinture.

 

My first painting (suite)

 

I am always shy when I have to show my painting. I always think, that I am not good enough… I think I am scared what people could think about my painting. I try to don’t mind, but I would prefer of course if people like my craft.

So today, I am doing a first step, (a big one for sure!) and step by step, maybe on tiptoes, I will face to my fears.

 
Je suis toujours intimidée lorsqu'il s'agit de montrer ce que je peins. Je pense toujours que ce que je viens de faire n'est pas assez bon, pas assez beau... je pense que j'ai surtout peur de ce que les gens vont penser de ma peinture. J'essaie de m'en moquer mais bien sûr je préfèrerais que les gens aiment mon "bricolage".
 
Alors aujourd'hui, je fais mon premier pas (un bien grand pas !) et pas à pas, peut être même sur la pointe des pieds, je pourrais faire face à mes craintes. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Détail
 
 
My first painting in 2010
Mon premier tableau en 2010






 

2 octobre 2012
 

My first step in painting.

My garden inspiring me, always...
 

I am not considering myself yet as a mixed media artist. But I could say that I am on the way to become fearless. Three months ago, I quit my job. I was a French teacher. Today it’s time to live my dreams.
 
Over the years I have collected a lot of “junkies “ like leaves, seeds, shells, little funny pieces of wood, rocks etc…but also an assortment of papers, colored pencils, paint brushes, acrylic, water colour and oil paint, stencils, stamps, news papers from over the world, old letters and old post cards. The last few years i also bought canevases.  At the beginning I exactly didn’t know why…
One of my good friends told me: “One day all that collection will make sense for you”


 






All that stuff stayed on my shelves for years. I used to go sometimes to my children school to help the teacher crafting or painting, but that’s all.

I always wanted to create something with my hands, with my heart and my soul. And I knew that my addiction for crafty things and supplies will make sense one day.

When I and my family moved to Rome, Italy, in 2009, I felt like I was a young French woman in a splendid city who has to explore all the nice culture and art that thousand years could offer to me. It was magic, and certainly the most beautiful way to flight in art. How lucky I was.

First of all, when our kids were at school, I tried to organise our new home and our lovely garden. (Yes! We had a garden in Rome; I told you that we couldn’t live without a garden).


 

We were there since February when in April my grand mother died. With sadness I flight to Paris. Few months later, my grand father died…He couldn’t live without her loving wife. He was 94 years old.

I was so far from my family and I was devastated. The first thing I did was to take a canevase and to put paint on it.

During that day, I painted three canvases! For the first time of my life! It was a revelation. For the first time of my life, my heart flight with freedom and peace, with my grandpa on my side.

I know I could say now “Thank you grandpa, you show me the way”.

 

Everything makes sense …

 




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire